My Tyrst with kindness (Singapore- Part 2)


During lock down, it was easy to let the mind wander and bring back memories of past travel experiences. One such day, it took me back to December 2019, when we were visiting cousins in Penang, a tiny island in Malaysia. Of all the adventurous things we did, we tried a new local dish called Char Kway Teow and it was delicious. Fast forward to May 2020, I was suddenly craving for it and couldn't stop myself from exploring eating joints which serve authentic CKT in Singapore. 

"CKT"-Apparently, that's how the locals refer to the dish.

I put up a post on the Facebook page of our condo and within minutes received a response about a tiny gem in our area, which serves yummy CKT. I was told that they used to deliver, but have temporarily stopped during the lock down, which meant I will have to order a take-away at the shop. That didn't matter and I mentally made a note of the address and contact details.

The following day, the person who recommended the place send me a quick message on Facebook messenger. He was in the shop and was wondering if I would like him to pick up CKT for me. I was thrilled and requested for 2. We arranged to meet in the condo premises while he was returning home. I got an opportunity to dig into the heavenly dish once again.

He was kind enough to think about me and offer to bring some CKT, when he didn't have to. Like I mentioned in Part 1, angels are all around us. All we need to do is to wait for the right time and right place to meet them.

Don't you agree?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming with the Whale sharks in Oslob, Cebu, Philippines

Bonjour - A word that can change a city's perception of you :)

Without moving a finger!